Care of Harris Tweed® accessories
Our Harris Tweed® is made from Pure New Wool, so it is best to wash it as little as possible.
We recommend you dry clean our accessory products to retain their look and feel, however, if you prefer to wash your Tweed accessories please follow the following care instructions below.
Washing instructions for Harris Tweed® Accessories
- Hand wash in cool, clean water, 30 degrees maximum.
- We recommend using a wool liquid soap or even a good quality 2-in-1 shampoo/conditioner. (Never use powder detergent as this is too harsh).
- Gently massage a small amount of the soap through the item, being cautious not to wring, rub or stretch whilst washing.
- Rinse the item in fresh water.
- Do not lift the item up as wet fabric weighs more and will stretch.
- Gently roll the product in a towel to squeeze excess water out of material.
- Lay the item flat on a towel, reshaping whilst doing so.
- Leave to dry naturally away from direct heat sources and out of sunlight.
- Use a steam iron to gently press the item.